Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taper time



The miles have been run, the injuries overcome, and I feel like a bum!  That means that it is taper time.  It's hard to believe that it was 4 or so months ago that I started to plan running a marathon.  Overall the training had its up's, then a few large downs, and has been back on the up, with a few bobbles here and there.  Post knee injury I have been trying to be very careful and pay attention to what my body is telling me.  I felt a small twitch in my foot again a week ago, so I taped it overnight, and it felt great the next day, and I haven't felt much knee pain if any on any runs lately.  This taper stuff is hard, I want a big confidence boosting run, but I know that the rest of the runs (Thursday) should just be easy.  It's hard going into the weekend knowing that you want to run 26.2 miles, but it has been 2 weeks since you've had a really long run.  I feel like my confidence comes and goes, a lot of friends have been telling me that I am ready, and I will do great, but right now my nerves may be winning.  Today I got my e-mail with the race details and I was instantly anxious. I need to tell myself that I have my plan in place, I've done my training, and hope it is enough to get my 26.2.  I mean after all, you run the first 10k first, and follow it up with a nice 20 miler ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment